Tagged: 

• Author

Gary David Hall
    Keymaster

This is the last of the good desktop (vs. web based) CRMs on the market. They are all going away because the business model is just not viable. Selling a real estate CRM for a one-time fee and then charging for upgrades and support is just not enough of a revenue stream, especially when so few get the support and upgrades. After all, the primary reason most people get a desktop application is because they want to spend as little as possible. Data ownership is also a concern but people don’t realize that it is essentially unfounded.

Anyway…I used this CRM for about seven years and I loved it. It is the most powerful CRM with regards to database management and manipulation on the market. Unfortunately I am sad to say that although I am still selling it, I am no longer recommending it because the developer is off to bigger and hopefully even better things. Not because it is not a great product (when not networking it).

Advantage Xi is the brain child of Mark Stepp and Mark is one of the best at listening to his users that I have ever seen. Advantage Xi had it’s main launch in 2001 and his attention to his user’s suggestions through 2013 is readily apparent in that it is chock full of all kinds of great little tools and features. If you asked for it – you usually got it.

Now he has teamed up with three others to create a web based CRM. As a result, my assumption is that with a lack of attention and improvements to Advantage Xi, sales have fallen. They also no longer have their primary support person so the support has gone back to its mode of when I started using it years ago. Mark has stated that he will continue to provide support and I believe that he believes that, because he has as much integrity as any of the CRM developers out there. It just doesn’t change the fact that his time and energy are focused elsewhere and that will more than likely mean the ultimate end of Advantage Xi. If it’s not selling enough there is not enough revenue to fund support staff. If the support suffers the users leave.

The question I get from the current users immediately is “Will the new web based CRM be like Advantage Xi”. The answer is no. It’s a completely different CRM. That said – wow! It’s very cool and I am excited that Mark is really on to something. It’s called Realvolve and you can read about it here.

• #9129 Reply

Craig V

I use most of the Xi features. I really like that I don’t have to be online to use it. I have a teak who work sometimes offfsite and other times onsite. The local and internet sync are daily routines. What current product offers most of the Xi features?

• #9130 Reply

Gary David Hall
    Keymaster

Xi has so many features that I can’t really say, “This other CRM has them all.” None of the other CRMs do. But then there are features that others have that Xi does not. I used Xi for about five years and loved it, but it had it’s issues too. You may not be aware but you’re quite fortunate that all your syncing works well. Many have issues with it, to the extent that Xi no longer supports the networking.

Really there are only two primary advantages to having a desktop vs an SAAS CRM. They are that when you don’t have internet access, you can still use your CRM. For what it’s worth, even with an SAAS CRM, your contacts and calendar events are synced to your phone and stored on it, so you will always have access to your contacts and calendar items, even if you have no internet access. The other is that it costs less if you don’t get upgrades and ongoing support.

You can list the features that Xi has that you want replicated in a new CRM here and I’ll make some suggestions, or you can schedule some time for us to get together online to look at some new possibilities. If that sounds good you can schedule time here.

• #28907 Reply

Brent Link

What features does Realevolve have that Top Producer doesn’t have?
    Why should I pay $40 per month when I can get TP for $24 per month?
    Does Realevolve have a yearly payment option?

Reply To: Advantage Xi – The last of the good desktop Real Estate CRMs
Your information: