Disclosure. I am a reseller for Agent Office. I am currently working on affiliating with TP, as I believe it can be a more appropriate choice, depending upon one’s needs. That said, those of you that know me and my site, know that I am a reseller for several other CRM tools, and make a list of yet many others readily available for comparison. I try to fit the person/team with the tool that will best meet their specific needs and preferences.
It’s been a while since I asked the following question, which is why I am now asking again. I would like to hear from anyone that has used BOTH Agent Office, at least as current as version 7.0, AND Top Producer 7i, for at least 6 months each. There are probably not very many of you, so if you are one of them, PLEASE post, or e-mail me off-list, or I may not get any ;-)
I realize there are many people that “love the one they’re with”, and I appreciate that. I know there are many people that are using something else, and that’s great. The research I’m doing though, only pertains to AO & TP users that have used both. I know the upsides and downsides of the following, so I don’t need to hear about them.
Cost analysis – monthly & free tech support & upgrades, vs. one time fee and pay for tech support & upgrades as you decide you want them
- Backups done automatically for you vs. having to back up
- Online access vs. not
What I would like to hear is comments about:
Features that one has that the other does not
- Stability – which one works better with no functional glitches. Does it work all the time without freezing, giving you a blue screen, or simply not doing what it’s supposed to do.
- Usability – Moving from screen to screen; finding what you want quickly; doing what you want without too many key strokes.
- Ease of learning – compare one to the other in that regard. Which one was easier for you to pick up?
- Flexibility – If it doesn’t already do what you want, can you usually devise a work-around to accomplish it?
- Which company was better at listening to you when it comes to implementing suggestions, if you ever officially made any.
- Tech support – good bad or indifferent for each.
ANYTHING else you care to comment on.
Please remember. I’m asking for comparisons from users of both. Not comparisons from research that was done, or from experimenting with them for a trial period. There is some value in research, but it has very little compared to someone that has actually used both in a production environment. If you didn’t use both for at least 6 months, AO 7.0 or newer, and TP 7i, please state as much, so people here can weight it accordingly, and so I know whether or not to include it on my site.
My AO versus TP page has gotten a great deal of traffic over the years. Thousands of people have read posts about favoring one over the other. Your posts here on this subject will help many of you now, and in the future, make your own decisions. So if you could take a few minutes, you will be doing me a favor, but also thousands of other agents around the world that go to that page for information. Thanks!